Cranberry Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup jellied whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons regular oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground all spice
- 1. cream butter and the 2/3 cup sugar, beating well.
- 2. Add 1 egg and vanilla, beat well.
- 3. Combine flour and baking powder, add to butter mixture alternating with milk., Begining and ending with the flour mixture.Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Spoon half of batter into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine cranberry sauce and 3 tablespoons sugar; spoon over batter. Spoon remain batter over cranberry mixture.Combine oats, brown sugar, and allspice. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (180 C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Serve Warm.