Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon divided vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Melt chocolate in the microwave. Stir in 30-second intervals. When chocolate is melted, add 3 tablespoons butter.
- Cream 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese. Gradually add 1/4 sugar. Cream until fluffy.
- Blend in 1 egg, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs until light colored. Slowly beat in the rest of the sugar (3/4 cup) until mixture is thickened.
- Add baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup flour. Blend in chocolate mixture. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and nuts.
- Spread half of the chocolate batter in a greased 8 or 9-inch square pan. To with cream cheese mixture, Spoon remaining chocolate batter over the tip.
- Zigzag a knife through batter to obtain a marbled effect.Bake at 350 degrees (180 C) for about 35 – 40 minutes. Let cool.