Almond Mocha Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
Cream butter and brown sugar well.
Add almond extract. Blend in combined dry ingredients. Add chocolate and nuts.
Press dough in a greased 15×10 inch cookie sheet.
Bake 20 minutes or until lightly golden. cut while bars are warm.
Yield: 5 dozen