Caramel Chocolate Oaties
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 10 candies caramel candies, finely diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar until creamy.
Add oats, flour, baking powder, lemon zest, salt, and lemon extract and stir until well blended. Mix in chocolate chips and caramel pieces.
Place golf ball-sized rounds 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets Bake 8-10 minutes, until browned at edges. Let stand 5 minutes on cookie sheets, then remove to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Yield: 36 cookies