Caramel Mocha Crunch Bars
- 1 (14-ounce) bag of caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 6 cups cocoa-flavored rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews or almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
Lightly spray a 13×9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Microwave the caramels, butter, water, and espresso powder in a large microwave safe mixing bowl on high for 3 minutes until melted and smooth, stirring after each minute
.Add the cereal and nuts. Stir until well coated. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips, stirring until well combined.Spray hands with cooking spray.
Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Let stand for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the mixture. Press the chips into the bars.
Cut into large bars when cool. Store in covered containers with wax paper between layers.