- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Beat together butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup flour until blended. Press firmly into bottom an ungreased 8-inch square pan.Bake 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour with egg, sugar, dried cranberries, walnuts, coconut, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, and salt. Stir well to mix. Carefully spread over warm crust and return to oven.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until edges, are lightly browned. Remove pan to a rack and let cool completely before cutting.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 40 mins Yield: 24 bars