Fresh Blackberry-Lemon Crumb Bars
- 1 (18.25 -ounce) box Boxed Yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blackberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray only the bottom of a 13×9-inch pan with nonstick spray.
Place the cake mix, softened butter, and egg in a large bowl until all dry ingredients moistened and the mixture is well blended and crumbly.
Press half of mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon zest and condensed milk.
Stir until well blended.Arrange blackberries evenly over the surface of the partially baked crust. Pour lemon mixture over blackberries as evenly as possible; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake for 20-24 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Cut into bars, Store in the refrigerator.